FINAL PROGRAM OF THE 2nd WORLD MIME CONFERENCE
The 2nd World Mime Conference is on the way of being organised and it will take place from June 28th to 30th in Belgrade (Serbia) after the last years success of the 1st World Mime Conference.
This year we are partnering with the International Monodrama and Mime Festival in Zemun (Belgrade) that is happening at the same time (opening on the 27th in Pinokio Theatre) so all the participants will have free entrance on all the shows and events organised by the festival. Partnering with festivals like this one was a recommendation by WMO Official Members.
The program of the 2nd WMConference is being put together as well as VIP guests all of us will be able to meet at the conference.
Dear friends here you can apply for participation at the 2nd World Mime Conference, reserve a hotel at special prices and the rest and pay via PayPal. Looking forward to seeing you and discussing best mime practice and the future of our beloved art. See you soon.
Please share this information with your friends and colleagues in your respected country and around the world and help us promote this important and one-of-a-kind networking mime event.
Discussions & Presentations:
(part of the Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government)
Address: Dobrinjska 11, Beograd
PozorištenaTerazijama (National Musical Theatre)
Address: TrgNikolePašića 3
Pupet theatre "Pinokio"
IMPORTANT NOTE: Transportation from the hotel to venues is NOT provided.
Venue for Discussions and Workshops is 7-15 minutes walking distance from the hotel.
To reach the Festival venue (Pinokio Theatre) you need to take a bus or a taxi (price is 700-900 RSD or 6-8 EUR)
PROVISIONAL PROGRAM V05:
DISCUSSIONS (60-75 minutes):
- Mime & Tech (New Technologies)
- WMO Future Events
- Mime in Asia
- Mime Legacies
- Status of Mime Artists
- Theatre & Mime for Youth
- "Marcel Marceau Poetics of Gesture" by PatriziaIovine (Italy &WMO)
- A book about Marcel Marceau
- Speakers: PatriziaIovine, Baptiste Marceu (son of Marcel Marceau), Ella Jaroszewicz (former wife of Marcel Marceau), Marko Stojanović (former student of Marcel Marceau)
WORKSHOPS (60-75 minutes):
- Baprtiste Marceau (France): Yoga (for mimes, actors and dancers)
- Ella Jaroszewicz (France): The Magenia Teachings (?)
- prof.dr. YoramBoker (Israel): Commedia dell'Arte
- Mateusz Kowalski (Poland): Tomaszewski Technique/Theatre
- Prof.dr. Alexander Iliev, (Bulgaria): Classical Mime
- Prof.dr. Alexander Iliev (Bulgaria): National Academy for Theatre and Film, Sofia
- Mateusz Kowalski (Poland): Wroclaw Mime Theatre "HenrykTomaszewski - the Tomaszewski legacy
- Wolfgang Neuhausen&MagaretNontokozoPhiri (Germany/WMO& South Africa): Mime Art for Life Project
- YoelLiba (Israel): Status of Performing Artists in Israel
- ÍlkerKilicer (Turkey): "Brief History Of Mime In Turkey And My Own Mime Story"
- Dr.FatmaKeçeli (Turkey): "The Power Of Silence In Children's Theatre"
- Vladimir Cvejić (Serbia&WMO):“Student Theatre as the Healthy Organic Food”
MIME SHOWS at the 44th International Monodrama and Mime Festival in Zemun (Belgrade, Serbia):
- Alexander Iliev"Pierrot", Bulgaria (27.06.)
- Georgian State Pantomime Theatre "Georgian Pantomime Novels", Georgia (29.06.)
- Wolfgang NeuhausenNEMO"The Gift of Mime Art", Germany (30.06.)
Corporeal Mime: The Thinking Body - Register Online Dates: May 26 & 27 2018 Time: 11am-5pm (with a lunch break) Cost: 5 Intructor: Steve Wasson and Corinne Soum This intensive is co-led by the winner of the 2018 "World Mime Organization [ ... ]Read more...
Over 70 participants from 21 nations came together for the first ever World Mime Conference
27.03.2018, by Angela von Lerber
What images come to mind when you think of the word ‘mime’? – human statues as tourist attractions along a busy pedestrian [ ... ]Read more...
Download the full Report in PDF
The First WORLD MIME CONFERENCEwas successful for many reasons thanks to all the participants. Allow me to go through some statistics with you and share some information that was not obvious.
When the conference [ ... ]Read more...
The World Mime Organisation has decided to present the "Special WMO Award for the outstanding contribution to the art of mime" to professor Ella Jaroszewicz of the Ecole internationale de théâtre corporel Studio Magenia.She created her own body movement, [ ... ] Read more...
The World Mime Organisation has decided to present the "Special WMO Award for the outstanding contribution to the art of mime" to Spanish mime artist Carlos Martìnez.He began his journey as an actor using his voice and words but discovered the power [ ... ] Read more...
The World Mime Organisation has decided to present the "Special WMO Award for the Outstanding Contribution to the Art of Mime" to professor Corinne Soum the co-director of the Theatre de l'Ange Fou and the co-founder and director of the International [ ... ]Read more...
CALL FOR APPLICATION
FIST World Mime Students Festival as part of the Festival of International Student Theatre (FIST) is looking forward to invitingyour University/Facultyto apply for participation atthis years festival. This is the [ ... ]Read more...
Photos: Marceau in Dresden in 200 4. By Brücke-Osteuropa - Own work, Public Domain, wikimedia.orgThe art of mime or pantomime as it is called out of the Anglo-Saxon culture has lost one of the best artists of all time and according to many the best promoter [ ... ]Read more...
Published: Jun 22, 2017
Ten years ago, on September 22nd one of the greatest mimes of all times, Marcel Marceau has left this world. This is day of sadness for all the people around the world that respected him and his work and for some [ ... ]Read more...
Dear mime friends and colleagues,
We would like to inform you that on July 17th at approximately 17:30 (5:30PM Spanish time) in Segovia, Spain during the 35th ITI World Congress the World Mime Organisation became an official partner of the International [ ... ]Read more...
On the occasion of the 10 years since Marcel Marceau left us World Mime Organisation has decided to say THANK YOU to those who enriched our art, our profession and our lives through mime in the past century and are still with us, working, inspiring, teaching, [ ... ]Read more...
The World Mime Organisation has decided to present the "Special WMO Award for the outstanding contribution to the art of mime" to professor Stanislaw Brosowski of the Stockholm Academy of Dramatic Arts. In his youth professor Brosowski worked with [ ... ]